PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING (within US-only). In Stock. Free Shipping Insurance. Lowest Retail Cost Allowed by Manufacturer. Satisfaction Policy
Amino Acid Base Powder
Our base formula provides therapeutic levels of nine different essential amino acids and the cofactors needed for metabolism. Free-form amino acids can be readily absorbed and utilized by the body and provide the precursors for all other amino acids made by the body. The powder form allows for flexible dosing.
- Cost-effective amino acid formula promotes energy production*
- Supports brain chemistry*
- Important for muscle building and detoxification*
Description: Providing 9 free-form essential amino acids and the cofactor Vitamin B-6, Amino Acid Base Powder is the foundation for our custom amino acid formulations. The powder form allows for flexible dosing.
How does Amino Acid Base Powder Work? Amino acids (AAs) are the building blocks of life. We know that protein is a crucial part of the human diet because our bodies break it down into the individual AAs and rebuild them into whatever proteins need to be made (i.e. hormones, new cells, neurotransmitters, etc.). Unfortunately, the type of amino acids in our dietary proteins are not always named or made clear, and amino acids do compete for absorption in the gut. If our bodies do not have the correct type or abundance of certain AA building blocks, the needed proteins cannot be made, at the expense of the individual’s health.
There are 20 amino acids, 9 of which are classified as “essential” or “EAAs,” as they cannot be synthesized by the body so must be ingested as part of the diet. The nine EAAs have unique, individual roles aside from working together as building blocks for proteins:
- Histidine is a precursor for histamine, a critical neurotransmitter for immune response, digestion, sexual function, and sleep-wake cycles. It is also responsible for maintaining the myelin sheath that surrounds nerve cells.
- Isoleucine is involved in muscle metabolism and is heavily concentrated in muscle tissue. It also plays crucial roles in the immune system, healthy production of red blood cells, and energy regulation.
- Lysine plays major roles in protein synthesis, hormone and enzyme production and the absorption of calcium. It is also important for energy production, immune function and supports the aging and healing processes through production of collagen and elastin.
- Leucine is critical for protein synthesis and muscle repair. It helps in the regulation of blood sugar, stimulates wound healing, and contributes to the production of growth hormones.
- Phenylalanine is a precursor for tyrosine, dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine, which are all neurotransmitters necessary for focus and clarity.
- Methionine plays an important role in metabolism and detoxification. It is requisite for tissue growth as well as for the absorption of zinc and selenium.
- Threonine makes up a significant portion of structural proteins such as collagen and elastin, which are important components of the skin and connective tissue, again supporting healing and gentle aging. It also plays a role in fat metabolism and immune function.
- Tryptophan is converted to 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), which is in turn, converted to serotonin, a neurotransmitter essential in regulating appetite, sleep, mood, and pain.
- Valine helps to stimulate muscle growth and regeneration and is also involved in energy production.
Amino acid supplements can support short term memory and processing abilities, while also protecting your muscle fibers from suffering too much damage. Leucine, in particular, has been shown to regulate and improve muscle protein synthesis after exercise. As EAAs are the limiting factor in the synthesis of new proteins, the balance between synthesis and degradation of human muscle is dependent on EAA availability.
Although popular among athletes, AA supplements are not just for those in training. Loss of muscle mass and impaired immune function can be a product of protein undernourishment; a risk that is especially high for individuals consuming vegetarian or vegan diets. Prolonged bed rest due to disease or injury can also lead to loss of muscle mass. In these cases, regular EAA intake can be effective in preventing or even reversing muscular catabolism and restoring immune function by providing the body with missing building blocks. AA supplementation may also support healthy weight management by promoting the use of stored fat for energy while building and maintaining skeletal muscle.
Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate is the metabolically active form of Vitamin B-6. It is a cofactor for reactions involving amino acid metabolism, including neurotransmitter synthesis, transamination, and the catabolism of methionine.
What are the Suggested Uses for Amino Acid Base Powder?
- Support for mood and brain function - several AAs are necessary precursors for neurotransmitter synthesis. *
- Enhanced energy production and detoxification *
- Promote muscle building and protein synthesis - AA availability increases the body’s ability to make new proteins without breaking down existing ones. *
Allergens: According to information provided by our suppliers, these capsules are free of the eight major allergens as identified by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA): Wheat (gluten), eggs, milk, soybeans, shellfish, fish, peanuts, tree nuts.
Recommendations: Use as directed by a healthcare professional.
Precautions: Pregnant or lactating women and individuals taking prescription medications should consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplement.
-See Satisfaction Policy
SKU / UPC Barcode: 838287001102
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.