PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING (within US-only). In Stock. Free Shipping Insurance. Lowest Retail Cost Allowed by Manufacturer. Satisfaction Policy
Enhances Mental Acuity and Memory
- Exogenous phosphatidylserine crosses the blood-brain barrier, where it appears to have an affinity for the hypothalamus
- Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a critical component of cell membranes and is found in high concentrations in the brain, primarily in the cell membranes of neurons
- PS supports brain function by helping to maintain cell-to-cell communication, which is essential for mental performance and attentiveness
- Phosphatidylserine may help support the healthy function of neurotransmitters in the brain, including acetylcholine, norepinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine already within the normal range
- Sharp-PS® GREEN provides a non-GMO, 100% soy-free, and a plant source of phosphatidylserine derived from sunflower oil
Phosphatidylserine is the most abundant phospholipid in the brain. Due to this, the effects of phosphatidylserine on the central nervous system have been widely studied. Along with other phospholipids, phosphatidylserine plays important roles in the structure and fluidity of cell membranes, intercellular communication, and cell protection from free radical damage. Phosphatidylserine may help support neurocognitive function, including memory and attention, as well as a healthy mood.
Importantly, research suggests that phosphatidylserine supports normal cognitive functions such as memory, learning, concentration, and vocabulary, functions which are strongest in the younger years. In a double-blind placebo-controlled trial of healthy older adults with everyday forgetfulness, the combination of phosphatidylserine with DHA helped support healthy cognition, effective learning, the ability to copy complex figures, and verbal recall.
In the past, commercial sources of phosphatidylserine have been derived from animal sources. However, enhanced technology has enabled the development of a plant-based source of this important nutrient. Phosphatidylserine from Bioclinic Naturals is made from Sharp-PS GREEN, which is derived from non-GMO sunflower oil and is 100% soy free.
Contains no artificial colors, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs.
1 softgel 3 times per day or as directed by a health care professional.
As phosphatidylserine is believed to increase acetylcholine levels, conjunctive use with acetylcholinesterase inhibitors and cholinergic drugs may increase acetylcholine levels and may cause cholinergic adverse effects. In addition, conjunctive use with anticholinergic drugs may decrease the effectiveness of these agents.
-See Satisfaction Policy
-Other Bioclinic Naturals Products
SKU / UPC Barcode: 629022092734
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.