Basic Minerals (Douglas Labs)
PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING (within US-only). In Stock. Free Shipping Insurance. Lowest Retail Cost Allowed by Manufacturer. Satisfaction Policy
A Comprehensive Mineral/Trace Element Formula
Basic Minerals™, from Douglas Laboratories, is a comprehensive mineral/trace element formula. Basic Minerals contains patented mineral amino acid chelates from Albion Laboratories and other well tolerated and highly absorbable mineral forms. Basic Minerals is iron-free, making it an appropriate choice for those concerned about getting too much iron but who want to supplement with a full-spectrum of other minerals and trace elements.
Minerals play a variety of essential roles throughout the body.
Some of the primary roles of each mineral include:
- Calcium is a principal mineral constituent of bones and is thus essential for strong bones.
- Magnesium is involved in energy metabolism, and is notably important in the heart, skeletal muscles, and nervous system.
- Iodine is necessary for the synthesis of thyroxin, the thyroid hormone that regulates the body’s metabolic rate.
- Zinc is important for growth, immune system function, protein synthesis, antioxidant mechanisms, and wound healing.
- Selenium is an essential cofactor of glutathione peroxidase, a potent antioxidant.
- Copper regulates iron metabolism and activates superoxide dismutase, a powerful endogenous antioxidant.
- Manganese is essential for antioxidant systems in the body, bone growth, fat metabolism, and protein, nucleic acid, and cartilage synthesis.
- Chromium is required for normal blood sugar and lipid metabolism; it is an integral component of glucose tolerance factor (GTF).
- Molybdenum is involved in copper and iron transport, nucleic acid synthesis, and sulfur metabolism.
- Potassium is involved in normal muscle tone, nerve function, and many enzymes.
- Vanadium is active in lipid and glucose metabolism.
- Boron is involved in steroid hormone metabolism, cell membrane stability, and bone health.
Basic Minerals may be used by individuals who want to supplement with a complete array of minerals and trace elements. Individuals who already take a Douglas Laboratories multiple vitamin-mineral-trace element supplement do not generally need additional minerals.
Amount Per Serving
|Serving Size 6 Capsules • Servings Per Container 30
each serving contains:
|Calcium (as calcium citrate)
|Iodine (from kelp)
|(as magnesium asparate and magnesium amino acid chelate)
|Zinc (as zinc amino acid chelate)
|Selenium (as selenium amino acid complex)
|Copper (as copper amino acid chelate)
|Manganese (as manganese amino acid chelate)
|Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate)
|Molybdenum (as molybdenum amino acid chelate)
|Potassium (as potassium chloride)
|Vanadium (as vanadyl sulfate)
|Boron (as boron aspartate-citrate)
|Other ingredients: Cellulose, gelatin (capsule), vegetable stearate and silica.
Suggested Usage: 6 daily
Three capsules twice daily with food, or as directed by a physician.
No adverse side effects have been reported.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.
WARNING: This product can expose you to lead, which is known to the
State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For
more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food.
-See Satisfaction Policy
-Other Douglas Labs Products
SKU / UPC Barcode: 745287030042
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
We Also Recommend
Lion's Mane Capsules - Host Defense Mushrooms
MyCommunity Mushrooms Capsules - Host Defense Mushrooms