PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING (within US-only). In Stock. Free Shipping Insurance. Lowest Retail Cost Allowed by Manufacturer. Satisfaction Policy
High Absorption and Enhanced Stability
- R-Alpha-Lipoic Acid includes only the naturally occurring R-isomer, the only form utilized by mitochondrial enzymes, and the only one synthesized in humans
- R-isomer has greater biological activity than the racemic mixture often used in supplements, which is a combination of the R- and S- isomers
- R-isomer supplementation results in higher total plasma levels, as well as a shorter time to reach maximum levels in older individuals compared to the racemic mixture
- ALA is involved in the body’s antioxidant processes
- Supports glutathione synthesis and helps maintain healthy mitochondrial function
- Suitable for vegetarians/vegans
Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) has antioxidant activity, helps clear cellular debris normally produced by the body, may support healthy neurological function, and helps maintain healthy mitochondrial function. The R-isomer of ALA is a cofactor for mitochondrial enzymes and a substrate for glutathione reductase; it participates in the citric acid cycle and ATP production and recycles other antioxidants, including vitamins C, E, CoQ10, and glutathione. R-Alpha-Lipoic Acid includes only the R-isomer, which increased plasma levels nearly 1-5 times higher in older populations than the commonly used racemic mixture (combined R- and S- isomers). ALA may also support wound healing when combined with hyperbaric oxygen therapy, particularly the R isomer. ALA may support blood glucose levels already within the normal range, help maintain insulin sensitivity already within the normal range, and help maintain normal peripheral neurological function.
Contains no artificial colors, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans.
1 capsule 2 times per day or as directed by a health care professional.
No significant contraindications.
Caution should be used with antidiabetes medications, as ALA may have additive effects. Long-term use may warrant low-dose copper and/or thiamine supplementation.
-See Satisfaction Policy
-Other Bioclinic Naturals Products
SKU / UPC Barcode: 629022092741
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.